Saturday 28 April 2007

moto frenzy

GREAT!

This is the word that can describe what I felt today at the moto exhibition that takes place here, in Bucharest (until the 1st of May).

Hondas, Yamahas, Aprilias, Harleys, Suzukis, BMWs... all kinds of bikes, speeders, choppers, cruisers, naked...

Of course, I couldn't resist and I touched, sat on, admired and analysed them all that I could (the Honda and the Ducatti people were the most uptight about this subject).

I was with a friend and he made pictures, but I will have them only on Monday...


And all of these after I met my father this morning before he left for a ride up to Vama Veche (a known rebels' meeting point at the Black Sea). I met him and gave him a pair of chaps for the ride with the beautiful Virago he bought a month ago!


I just need to pass over the formalities, take the driving license exam for A category (motorcycles are in that category, here in Romania; I already have a B category, for cars) and get on with riding myself... on the driver's seat...


Today I felt alive...



P.S.: I would be really cool to go to DebConf7 with the bike and meet some people, but I don't think that is legal for me to drive outside my country in the first year after taking the driving license (although I don't know yet if that would apply to me, having already a B driving license). More than that, the long ride alone I would have to make until I meet with others seems a little risky (you never know what the trip has to offer).

No comments: